This year, Base Camp takes our second annual family campout to the wild surroundings of nearby Fort Snelling State Park! Join a guided two-mile hike from Base Camp to the private group campsite along the bank of the Minnesota River – no heavy hauling required, an equipment shuttle will be available both days! Evening activities include camp setup, dinner cookout, campfire with s’mores, games, night hike, and stargazing before turning in for the night. Participants are not required to spend the night and may depart as desired. In the morning we will wake up for a hot breakfast before packing up and hiking back to Base Camp. All food is provided. Campers are encouraged to bring their own equipment if possible, though a number of sleeping mats and tents are available onsite upon request.
Mark your calendar
There are a limited number of spots available, so register for this family fun before it fills up!
- 3:00 p.m. Saturday, June 10th to 12:00 p.m. Sunday, June 11
Meet us here
Check in at Base Camp first, and we will all head to our campsite in Fort Snelling State Park together!
- Base Camp, 201 Bloomington Road, Fort Snelling, MN 55111
Inclusive and affordable
- Price: $15 per participant
- for all ages, youth must attend with an adult
- (children 5 and under may attend for free at discretion of parent or guardian. Overnight portion is optional and participants may elect to leave at any time during the evening program)
- no heavy hauling required, an equipment shuttle will be available both days!
Here's the plan
- 3:00 p.m. check-in opens at Base Camp
- 4:00 p.m. guided hike to Fort Snelling campsite
- 5:00 p.m. setup camp, dinner provided
- 7:30 p.m. evening activities (campfire, s’mores, stories, stargazing, night hike)
- 9:00-10:00 p.m. quiet time and sleep
- 7:00-9:00 a.m. wake up and breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. pack and cleanup
- 10:30 a.m. hike back to Base Camp
- 11:30 a.m. depart
Food and accomodations
Dinner (hotdogs), s’mores, and breakfast (omelets) – dietary restrictions will be accommodated upon request
Sleeping mats and tents (if needed). If you have your own, we highly encourage that you bring them along so that those in need can receive supplies!
Staff leaders throughout the program
Rain plan: Event will occur rain or shine. In the circumstance of severe weather, the decision may be made to move the campout inside Base Camp where indoor activities will be substituted.
Register for the Base Camp Family Campout!