Base Camp Open Climb December
Open to the public and Popcorn voucher recipients
Grab your friends and drop into Base Camp for open climbing sessions! Try all 16 challenging routes of our one-of-a-kind, indoor climbing wall, ranging in height from 26 to 32 feet. Each one accurately replicates the natural features found among the St. Croix River Bluffs near Taylors Falls!
First Tuesday of every month (*additional open climb dates found on the website: http://www.explorebasecamp.org/Events)
6:00 to 9:00PM - $7 per climber
A few reminders:
- Requirements: climbers must be 6 years of age, wearing closed toed shoes and provide a participant waiver (signed by a parent or guardian if under the age of 18)
- Youth must attend with an adult and the adult must remain onsite while the youth participate
- Groups must provide their own belayer age 15 and up (no experience is necessary, Base Camp staff will train and check belayers before climbing - this process takes approximately 30 minutes)
- Base Camp staff provide equipment, instruction, supervision, and training of belayers
- Participants are welcome to bring their own helmet, shoes, and harness (to be inspected and approved for use by our staff). Other personal gear including belay devices, other climbing hardware, and chalk may not be used at our facility.
If you plan to attend as part of a group: open climb is intended for individuals and small groups that do not meet our listed minimum of 10 participants for a private climbing program. If your group has 10 or more people, please consider making your own reservation to ensure our staff can best meet the needs of your group: http://www.explorebasecamp.org/Forms
Work on Climbing Merit Badge requirements during Open Climb!
Our staff will be able to help you with requirements 5, 8, 9b, and 10b. Please note that Base Camp staff will not be able to sign off on completed merit badge cards.